For Christmas each of my little girls gets a new dress from Gramma Bubbles. I have the first one nearly finished - just the zipper and snap left to do.
The second one my daughter in law bought a bonnet and asked " Can you make a dress to match?" I found the fabric and pattern. Will be working on it in November - Oh yes - this is November !! It will be fun.
I have been working on an Elinor Peace Bailey doll - Celtic Mist - for my doll club challenges. She has many parts that are done differently than I usually do them. It has been a challenge! But isn't that what challenges are all about?
Then I came upon a Dollmakers Journey class by Angela Jarecki - Madame Mori - that I couldn't resist. I have wanted to stay up with the class so have been working on Madame Mori too.
I found a new fabric that I want to try for dolls, however, am not sure it will work for the face technique in the Madame Mori class -so I am making two dolls. One from woven cotton and one from my new fabric which is nylon & polyester. So far I like my new fabric better. Less fraying at closely trimmed seams.
This is Saturday night progress. One of the dolls got her skirts on Sunday.
The cotton woven one is on the left.
This pattern has many new techniques for me so it has been a challenge also. The arm joints are unusual and can't wait for the finished doll to see if I like it.
I worked all weekend on Madame Mori and on Celtic Mist. What a wonderful weekend I have had!!!!